Recovering organization’s critical data upon cloud disaster is utmost important because data is the most treasured asset for an organization. Loss of data can cause irremediable harm to the business revenue, goodwill, loss of existing and potential clients. Occurrence and impact of disaster is unpredictable and nobody can fully control it. But one can always be prepared for such situation with disaster recovery plan. In this blog, we will discuss the aspects of disaster recovery in the cloud.
Outmoded disaster recovery comprises of maintaining a disaster recovery site that incurs maintenance and infrastructure cost. It also requires manual operations which are time consuming and resource draining. But in cloud computing backup and recovery services are automatic and swift. They require minimum human inputs.
Cloud platforms allows organization to create, test and update disaster recovery plan automatically. It also offers expert advice to lay out the best plan to recover your data. Cloud computing services robotically detect vulnerabilities in virtual infrastructure and update the organization about them so that appropriate action could be taken regarding them. The service provider allows you to create a comprehensive recovery plan and automate every recovery step.
Disaster recovery on cloud is quite effortless on cloud than the traditional disaster data recovery. Here are few benefits of disaster recovery in cloud compared to traditional recovery:
- Cloud disaster recovery saves cost of building an additional physical recovery site and maintenance of extra hardware and software to maintain acute operations. Disaster recovery in cloud allows you to maintain a cloud storage which is cost effective and time saving.
- Unlike traditional approach resources can be altered on cloud as per requirement as it is based on pay-as-you-go custom. Pay recovery money for only those applications that are critical for the business.
- Disaster recovery in cloud can be accomplished in few minutes from any corner of the world. You just need a digital device and internet connectivity to finish the whole process.
- Multi-cloud environment allows organization to save the data on different cloud locations. So, even if one cloud based platform is affected by disaster, other platforms will have a backup of your data. Therefore, disaster recovery in cloud is again much easier than the traditional one.
- Cutting edge network infrastructure in cloud ensures that any glitch in the system must be addressed quickly. The cloud service provider offers round the clock customer support, continuous maintenance of data and automatic software upgrades.
Experts recommend using disaster recovery in cloud because it does not impact business operations as such, reduces the downtime and allows quick restoration of infrastructure without burdening the organization. It is scalable, cost effective and reliable way to protect organization’s data. An effective cloud disaster recovery plan helps an organization in swift recovery. It includes assessment of potential risks and their impact, then selection of prevention and recovery measure and lastly testing and updating the disaster recovery plan. When the test of disaster recovery plan in cloud becomes successful, then organization must prepare its documentation for better understanding of the recovery process.