Currently, seven out of the ten highest valued global brands are data companies. Data is the new oil? Clearly, when you invest in data, its storage, its management and its analysis, you’re investing in innovation.”
― Thomas Harrer
Since the beginning of digital era, it has become even harder to secure the data that is stored on online platforms and websites. Therefore, the focus of cloud security services is to keep your data secure no matter how intense the situation might become. The responsibility of keeping data secure rests not entirely on cloud providers but on you as well. It has often been seen that human element is on of the main reasons that causes a breach at the first place. Any mistake on the human end can cause malicious danger to your data and your systems. Though, there are ways to mitigate the risk but only if you have taken proper caution. The core responsibility though it is on the cloud service provider, who is the first entity to secure an organisational data from a cyber-attack.
While choosing the best security for your data, you must understand the vital components of cloud security which are as follows:-
- stringent security policies; when you are signing up with a service provider, you must make sure that they have precise security policies in place and also make sure that your auditors are okay with it.
- Use security tools; security tools helps in identifying the security issues you must attend to without any delay.
- legitimate access to sensitive data; every organisation must have their own credential management tools that keeps the intruders out and ensuring legitimate action to all company’s sensitive data.
- Deploy sophisticated and all-encompassing encryption solutions; to keep the data safe, cloud providers encrypts data in a file form to keep all your cloud security efforts intact. Still, you shouldn’t be entirely dependent on CSPs; instead you should deploy sophisticated all-encompassing solutions to encrypt data and to keep it safe.
- Deploy firewall solutions; having advanced end-point security secures the end-user devices’ data used on cloud platforms like IaaS and PaaS. By deploying firewall solutions, you can protect your network perimeter.
- Follow security guidelines; Cloud Security Alliance, a non-profit organisation promotes best practises to provide security within cloud computing. If you follow CSA’s guidelines, you are already ahead in the steps to maintain security for your data in cloud.