Using HashiCorp’s Terraform Infrastructure Automation, hosting and managing it via Azure DevOps, you can now integrate infrastructure directly into your Continuous Integration & Deployment process.
Improving is uniquely positioned to help you with your Infrastructure as Code goals. As early adopters of IaC and Azure DevOps as part of our consulting practice, our team has years of experience building automated environments and would love to share best practices with you.
We put our experience into a two-month plan (4 2-week sprints) to leverage a typical Azure infrastructure and give you the foundation for an automation plan.
You’ll get a basic Infrastructure as a Code project built in HashiCorp Terraform, integrated with Azure DevOps, and a roadmap to continue building and extending these capabilities.
Plan of Action
Each step includes testing and successfully deploying the “as-is” infrastructure in a development environment using the IaC project.
Step 1: Initial kickoff
– Review of existing Azure infrastructure
– Terraform compatibility analysis
– Foundation of the IaC project
– Team training: Terraform fundamentals.
Step 2: Review of Step 1 results
– Continuation of IaC component development
– Team training: Terraform for project-specific architecture.
Step 3: Review results from Step 2
– Develop CI/CD pipelines in Azure DevOps
– Continue development: refine IaC components Team Training: Implementation & Modularization
Step 4: Review of results from Step 3
– Completing CI/CD pipeline development
– Completing IaC project development
– Team training: support & continuation
– Completing project, documentation & roadmap.