If you are not familiar with the word, let me tell you, Kubernetes is an open-source platform made to manage containerized workloads and services. This mobile platform is expandable and accelerates the finite array and automation. It also enables the functioning of an elastic information server.
But the best part is that Kubernetes is the one that can deploy websites and various mobile applications with complex custom code.
Kubernetes was built by Google when they realized the need to make it easy to balance the containers in production.
So, Kubernetes indeed owes much of its success to Google involvement.
Therefore, we don’t need to doubt it as we very well know the value of the company “Google” in the market.
Why do we use Kubernetes?
- Kubernetes lets you utilize cloud-native applications wherever needed.
- It facilitates the containers that depart the services containing an application to make the mobile for contrasting computer domains.
- It also helps manage these containers and connect them to the outside world when they are out of balance.
- Orchestration- means when these containers need to be scheduled and distributed on time. This is where the Kubernetes are needed the most.
Further, we will be talking about “Cluster.” So, it’s time to clarify what the Kubernetes cluster is?
What is a Kubernetes Cluster?
The set of nodes that help to run containerized applications is said to be a cluster. In a cluster master node is the origin for all the tasks assigned. These tasks include:
- Scheduling and scaling applications
- Maintaining a cluster’s state
- Implementing updates
But it to work fluently with a Kubernetes cluster, you need to include some operational elements in the process such as:
- Running applications and workloads
- Images needed to use these applications
- Quantity of needed replicas
- Resources that should be provided for the apps.
Ready to experience the full power of cloud technology?
Our cloud experts will speed up cloud deployment, and make your business more efficient.
Architectural Concept of Kubernetes
It consists of a control plane:
The system that is made to keep and maintain a full record of every item in Kubernetes is known as the control plane.
It quickly responds to the changes in the Kubernetes cluster to manage the state of the item.
The control panel consists of three vital constituents, which are-
- Kube-API server
And the best part is that this can all run on a single master node, and even its duplicates can be made with this for high availability on multiple master nodes.
The master nodes control cluster notes. Or we can say that master nodes control and manage a set of worker nodes to favor a cluster in Kubernetes.
Pods and Services:
Pods are considered one of the vital concepts of Kubernetes as it binds single upper application for multiple containers.
Words can also be used for horizontal autoscaling.
- Auto-scaling – autoscaling is a word most commonly used in cloud computing. It is a method to Nattily adjust the number of computational resources in a server farm.
There are various types of pods such as ReplicaSet, Deployment, Daemon set, StatefulSet, and Job and CronJob, which creates the problem of keeping track of pods running in the background apps. So here comes the need for the services.
iSmile technologies offers free consultation with an expert, Grab your chance now!