If you are not familiar with the word let me tell you,
Kubernetes is an open source platform which was made with the purpose to manage containerized workloads along with services.
This mobile platform is expandable and accelerates the finite array and automation. It also enables the functioning of an elastic information server.
But the best part is that kubernetes is the one which has the ability to deploy websites and various mobile applications with a complex custom code.
Kubernetes was built by Google when they realised the need to make it easy to balance the containers in production.
So kubernetes surely owes much of its success to Google involvement.
Therefore we don’t need to doubt it as we very well know the value of the company “Google” in the market.
Why do we use Kubernetes?
- Kubernetes let’s you utilise cloud-native applications wherever needed.
- It facilitates with the containers that depart the services containing and application to make the mobile for contrasting computer domains.
- Also helps a lot to manage these containers and connect them to the outside world when they are out of balance.
- Orchestration- means when these containers need to be scheduled and distributed on time. This is where the kubernetes is needed the most.
Further we will be talking about “Cluster”
So it’s time to clear what the kubernetes cluster really is?
What is a Kubernetes Cluster?
The set of nodes that help to run containerized applications is said to be a cluster. In a cluster master node is the origin for all the tasks assigned. These tasks include:
- Scheduling and scaling applications
- Maintaining a cluster’s state
- Implementing updates
But it to work fluently with a kubernetes cluster you need to include some operational elements in the process such as:
- Running applications and workloads
- Images needed to use these applications
- Quantity of needed replicas
- Resources that should be provided for the apps.
Architectural Concept of Kubernetes
It consists of a control plane:
The system that is made to keep and maintain a full record of every item in kubernetes is known as control plane.
It quickly responds to the changes in the kubernetes cluster to manage the state of the item.
The control panel consists of three vital constituents which are-
And the best part is that this can all run on a single master note and even its duplicates can be made with this for a high availability on multiple master nodes.
Cluster notes are controlled by the master nodes. Or we can say that masternodes control and manage a set of worker nodes to favour a cluster in kubernetes.
Pods and Services:
Pods are considered one of the vital concept of kubernetes as it binds upper single application for multiple containers.
Words can also be used for horizontal auto scaling
- Auto scaling – autoscaling is a word most commonly used in cloud computing. It is a method to Nattily adjust the amount of computational resources in a server farm.
There are various types of pods such as ReplicaSet, Deployment, Daemonset, StatefulSet and Job and CronJob which creates the problem of keeping a track of pods running in the background apps. So here comes the need for the services.
Services simply means the way kubernetes uses to configure rate a proxy so that it can forward the traffic to a set of pods.