The modern data platform is said to be architecture with another level of insurance that a company needs to be proactive. It is highly known as a functional architecture because it has all components to support it.
In simple words, a modern data platform is made in such a way to allow companies and organizations to achieve golden value in the market.
Ideal Characteristics of MDP
Here’s what a modern data platform provides and what we can expect.
- A single source to your future state.
- A roadmap to your future state.
- A scalable data environment.
- Insightful data visualization.
- Building a modern data foundation for business intelligence and predictive analytics will ensure your organization can make better decisions now and in the future.
- Enable self-service for a diverse range of users by making it possible for the users to understand the data associated with context with ease and derive insights with full independence.
- Talking about reducing the data complexity and making it agile. It is only possible with the well-built modern data platform.
- Availability and Elasticity are the governing principles in a modern data platform. Modern data warehouses are designed for the purpose to store and compute large amounts of data. And the computer is based on a cloud platform to allow autoscaling and shows elasticity.
- The last and the most important is its flexibility.
We all desire a platform that is easy to set up, and you need to pay only for what you use.
Improve the Communication, Integration & Automation of data flow across your Organization
Calculate your DataOps ROI
What is Data Ingestion?
When data is transferred to a storage medium to access and analyze that data, the process is then called data ingestion.
Taking the data from various in-house systems into a business-wide reporting and analytics platform can be the best example to explain the term “ data ingestion”.
In simple words, Data ingestion means moving different sets of data from a database or any other platform to a centralized destination. But besides all this, it is considered a serious challenge to manage data ingestion due to the expansion of a variety of sources and processing platforms.
Therefore, modern data ingestion has been introduced that help you in the following way:
- It reduces the time required to develop and implement the pipelines.
- The modern data platform is able to create a more reliable data movement architecture.
- It can also handle data drift with elegance.
- Moreover, To constantly manage the dataflow performance is also a work that is now involved in modern data ingestion.