Azure Firewall is a Azure Cloud based network security measure which protects the resources on Azure Virtual Network. It has built in features of high availability and scalability
It uses a public IP address which is static for all your resources on virtual networks so that external firewalls can recognise the traffic arising from the virtual network of yours. It enables you to create and implement network connectivity and log application issues
It has features like
- High availability built in- There is no additional requirements for load balancers and setting up of configurations
- Zones of availability- They can be configured for deployment across multiple zones which increases availability
- Unrestricted scalability- Azure firewall can be scaled automatically to adjust the flow of network traffic which saves you from peak traffic budgeting
- Filtering rules for Application FDQN- You can restrict outbound traffic or Azure SQL traffic to a list of FDQNs using wild cards
- Traffic filtering rules of the network- You can create network traffic filtering rules based on ports, sources, IP addresses and source
Download our ebooks
Get directly to your inbox
- FDQN and Service Tags- It helps your firewall to recognize and allow network traffic based on FDQN tags and service tags representing IP address groups
- Threat Intelligence- Threat intelligence identifies breaches, vulnerabilities, alerts your firewall and blocks traffic from malicious and unauthorized IP addresses
- Outbound SNAT and Inbound DNAT support- Traffic from outbound virtual IP addresses are translated to Azure Firewall public IP (SNAT). You can selectively allow the traffic from your virtual networks to different internet destinations remote. Similarly inbound network traffic is translated (with DNAT- Destination Network Address translation)
- Several public IP address- You can assign up to 250 public IP addresses to your firewall.
- Forced Tunneling- You can set configurations for routing your all internet traffic to a designated destination instead of directly allowing it to go to internet.
iSmile technologies offers free consultation with an expert, talk with an expert now