Azure HD insights is a managed open-source analytics service on which you can provision and run open-source frameworks like Hadoop, Hbase, Spark, Kafka, and more. You can process and analyse huge amounts of data along with migrating your big data workloads to the Azure cloud. With the open-source frameworks, you enable a broad range of scenarios like Extract, Transform, Load, data warehousing, ML, and so on.
- You don’t require the installation of hardware or software management and can easily spin up open-source projects.
- The autoscaling feature allows the reduction of costs for clusters of big data.
- The convenient pricing model of pay as you go allows you to pay for only the resources you use.
- It is equipped with 30 certifications to ensure your data is hyper-secure and fully compliant.
- It natively integrates with Azure services like Azure Cosmos DB, Azure Synapse Analytics, Azure Blob Storage Azure Data Lake Storage, Azure Event Hubs, and Azure Data Factory.
- Azure HD insights support the newest release of open-source framework from Apache Hadoop and Spark. You have the option of using your favourite tools and languages, including Visual Studio, Eclipse, IntelliJ, Jupyter, and Zeppelin.
Download our ebooks
Get directly to your inbox
Azure HD Insights provide end to end security for your analytics workloads
- Azure Firewall and Vnet can be used to protect your cluster
- You can sign in with Azure AD and multi-factor authentication
HD Insights offers SLA for all your workloads on production. It enables you to scale workloads and reduce costs by creating clusters on demand. It easily integrates with Azure Monitor to provide a single interface for monitoring your clusters.
Azure HD Insights is globally available. It is available in more zones than any other analytics offering of big data. This helps in meeting your organizational needs in many zones. You can use scripts or add edge nodes to extend Azure HD Insight clusters with installed components like Hue, Presto, and so on.
(Source: Azure HD Insights – https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/hdinsight/domain-joined/hdinsight-security-overview)
Usage Scenarios for Azure HD Insights
- One can use Azure HD Insights for batch processing through ETL.
- It can be used for performing querying at petabytes scale and building models by coupling it with BI tools
- It can be used for processing streaming data in real-time from IoT devices
- Azure HD Insights can be used for building applications that extract vital insights from data.
- You can use it to extend your on-premises infrastructure to Azure for leveraging the analytics capability of Azure.
Azure HDInsight is a fully managed cloud service on Azure that makes it easy to process big data in hyper-scale environments. It allows you to leverage popular open-source frameworks like Hadoop, Spark, and Kafka in Azure cloud environments. To have further discussion, book your free consultation with iSmile Technologies.