Cloud-native application development and public cloud services have seen a massive upswing as businesses have embraced the cloud. Forbes recently emphasized how enterprises could accelerate the shift to CNCF (Cloud Native Computing Foundation) ecosystem. This blog will discuss the key points that highlight how you can manage your cloud goals as you embark on the cloud journey.
- Businesses are quickly hitting the cloud technology road to keep up with the pace of ongoing digital disruption. The cloud has become a solid foundation for digital transformation, from digitizing business processes, connecting with stakeholders, introducing new digital products or services to the market, enabling remote work culture, and providing a secure and resilient infrastructure that ensures agility.
- The pandemic has made the journey to the cloud more urgent and the role of long-term and short-term cloud strategies more critical than ever before. The ultimate goal is to prepare for the next business disruption to ensure success in the post COVID world.
- Cloud technology has become necessary for IT businesses to reduce capital or non-essential IT expenditures. Cloud service providers have become a backbone for ensuring business continuity as telecommuting culture has become a priority and a new business reality. With the cloud, IT professionals can increase the pace of digitization and automation of the IT infrastructure, strengthen the security of the migrated workload, and streamline operations to survive disruptions.
Where do we go from here?
- Recent studies have found that some 87% of enterprises would accelerate their cloud migration in a post COVID world. Enterprises can leverage the cloud to thrive in the business world, plan a journey with a strategic plan focused on cloud-centric IT environments to accelerate the digital transformation process, and migrate from legacy to CNCF ecosystem.
- Moving mission-critical systems to cloud-native cloud foundation environments or the public cloud can be challenging. Bringing together legacy systems and CNCF incubating into a standard automation schema, multi-cloud orchestration, and management platform can help organizations accelerate the move and manage complexity.
- Infrastructure-as-code (IaaC) adds flexibility to infrastructure and operations by transforming infrastructure. IaaC transforms reactive workflows into proactive models for teams building APIs for developers and businesses. Integrate these CNCF principles across the enterprise stack to experience agility across the stack, as IaaC can revolutionize infrastructure management.
- Automation silos and multi-clouds together can accelerate transformation by bringing business-critical systems and public cloud services together under a unified management and automation framework.
- Working with an experienced cloud migration service provider makes a move successful, as migration often fails if applications cannot be adapted to the cloud. The cloud requires a cohesive strategy, strong governance, a shared responsibility model, and security and compliance. Organizations need to engage all stakeholders in the transformation to accelerate business agility and digitization with the cloud.
Are you looking for best-in-class CNCF cloud services to start the migration?
iSmile Technologies is your one-stop store for all your cloud-native application development needs. Develop applications that leverage the full potential of the cloud environment with open standards for interoperability—experience development services with microservices, containers, dynamic orchestration, and continuous delivery.