Tableau is one of the best interactive data visualisation tools. This tool was produced by Department of Computer Science in Stanford University. The visualisations are shown in the form of worksheets and dashboards. Tableau helps in combining data from multiple data sources and analysing it together in the form of a graph. It allows for real time analysis of data even when the velocity is super high. Tableau is a collaborative tool where users can share vital data, put follow up queries and help cross-teams benefit from easy-to-understand visualisations.
Different Tableau Products
- Tableau Desktop– It helps users analyse data with the help of visual analytics
- Tableau Prep– This contains two products
- Tableau Prep builder- To help you construct data flows
- Tableau Prep Conductor- For managing, monitoring and scheduling data flows in the organisation
- Tableau Server and Tableau Online– It helps you in hosting data sources, data extracts, workbooks and others
- Tableau Reader– It is a free tool for importing and opening packaged workbooks for viewing the underlying data
- Tableau Mobile– It is a free mobile app that provides access to Tableau Server and Tableau Online
- Tableau Viewer– It allows users to interact with workbooks made by others on tableau Server, tableau Online and Tableau Mobile.
For installing Tableau, you need to
- Download the software on the computer
- Accept the license agreement
- Verify the installation by clicking on the installation icon
Tableau Workspace consists of toolbars, menus, cards and data windows. Dashboards hold views, legends and quick filters. Tableau’s toolbar contains a command like connect to data and save. It contains tools of analysis like sort and group.
Tableau Server architecture
Ready to experience the full power of cloud technology?
Our cloud experts will speed up cloud deployment, and make your business more efficient.
The different components of Tableau architecture include
- Data Server– It is the primary component of tableau architecture
- Data Connector– It helps connect external sources of data with data server
Components of Tableau server
- Application Server– It provides access, and authenticate
- VizQL Server– They are entrusted with converting queries from the data sources into visualisations
- Data Server– Used to store and manage data from the external data sources
- Gateway– It routes requests from users to Tableau
- Clients– The different clients are mobile applications, desktops and web browsers. It runs on physical and virtual machines.