As you know, the word “cloud” generally has two meanings. One is the cloud that we find in the sky and is related to nature. The other is related to technology. Both are totally different things. The Cloud we are talking about in this blog is a global network of servers, each with a unique function.
Do you know what cloud migration is?
If yes, given below are some tips that will help you in successful cloud migration. For those who are new to this word, Cloud migration is what we call the process of moving digital assets to cloud infrastructure. The Digi-assets include data, workload, IT resources, applications, and much more. In simple terms, when we move tools and data from any old data centre to the cloud.
First, let’s have a look at some challenges faced during the migration of the database.
Challenges faced during the migration of the database
Selecting the right data storage options
It is important to vet the suitable cloud storage options before you begin to migrate its data and applications to the cloud. Selecting the wrong storage options may lead to the ineffective operation of applications.
Connecting Old data with New Cloud applications
It is sometimes problematic to connect the old data to new cloud-based applications. Employees and technology that supports the system have been changed so many times that it is difficult to create and optimize a new data architecture.
Adapting Personnel, people, and processes to a cloud system
One of the biggest challenges is to adapt people and processes to changes in data architecture. Before migration, the doubts that people express at the management level such as security, availability, and other technical concerns need to be addressed.
Time and Cost
The process of migration includes some necessary resources and a lot of bandwidth which is cost-effective as well as time taking.
Security and Compliance Adjustments
Security has been the major concern for people for not moving their database to the cloud. It the enterprise forgets to develop a comprehensive security clearance system for multiple levels of users, then it could result in some severe consequences.
The need for new IT Talent
The field of cloud computing needs high skilled developers with complete knowledge of cloud migration.
Download our ebooks
Get directly to your inbox
To balance with these complexities and Cloud Migration Velocity
1. You need to observe your strategy. If it takes too long to conclude with the planning and assessment workstreams you made, then you need to plan more on a delicate balance of speed and precision.
2. Evaluate the opportunity. Naming the business case will help you keep an eye on the ball and prevent you from doing some common cloud migration mistakes.
3. Assess your existing infrastructure. Don’t forget to observe your apps, databases, and other assets. This observation will help you in understanding the infrastructure. This will also be helpful in outlining the migration plan.
4. Plan a safe migration order. You don’t need to migrate each and every app. Just Prioritize and choose with fewer dependencies and can provide all services.
5. Monitor your development.
6. Work towards a new operating model.