“Artificial intelligence would be the ultimate version of Google. The ultimate search engine operation that can understand everything and thoroughly what is on the web. It would exactly understand what you want, and it would give you the right thing. We’re nowhere near doing that now. However, we can get incrementally closer to that, and basically, that is what we work on.” —Larry Page
AI vendor companies are presenting more and more products and services in front of customers, which also gave rise to the problem of advertising their products to the right customer, and it is a challenge indeed. We hope to reveal how AI manages to get customers and sell products is a multi-layered mystery. Many companies and retailers should genuinely learn how to familiarise themselves with How AI recommendations are structured and practiced.
The two key areas by which AI-enabled product recommendations work are discussed down below:-
DATA REQUIREMENTS FOR AI PRODUCT RECOMMENDATIONS
To form recommendations, an AI-enabled recommendations engine integrates large amounts of enterprise data with customer information and correlates it with the client company with the product listings of what the customer requires.
The retailer has to provide significant customer transaction information, which includes
- Customer Profiles; this includes names, demographic and geographical data, and other information related to customer’s interests.
- Transactional information; includes files that provide a historical record of an individual’s customer transaction that tells spending habits of that particular individual, items in the cart, a set of patterned spending behavior, and unpaid items.
- Site Traffic Data; it detects a customer’s journey throughout that e-commerce website and which they kept browsing.
The types of metadata an eCommerce retailer would need for their products involves;
- Product Listings; this includes the names of products, quantity per package, and demographics data.
- Time Sensitive Product Data; this includes seasonal products and their launch date when people buy a particular product more.
- Prices; having a tract of all prising of all products, including past sales and future sale planning and the prosing also depends mainly on the demographics.
The data science team would require integrating all this retailer customer information and product listings through a machine learning algorithm trained to recognize information and patterns to give valuable recommendations. The AI algorithm machine is trained well in analyzing customer’s behavior in real-time to predict what product that particular customer may require.
AI TO MATCH CUSTOMERS TO THE PRODUCTS
Once the AI software made correlating data based on the retailer product listings and customer data information, it would be making predictions based on it, what the customer would need, and what could be the next purchase. The predictive analytics software would conclude to recommend the products that are more likely to be relevant for the customer. The next step is to target them with those ads that they would be interested in.