Cloud migration are compelling method to drive operational efficiencies and to flip capital costs to operational. Effective cloud movements are established in inclination towards activity and execute with earnestness towards triggers that need quick consideration.
- Massive measures of data, framework and applications being proceeded onward the cloud
- Varying deployment models for cloud such as public, private or hybrid
- Varying degrees of complexity and confidentiality of workloads being moved on to the cloud
- Cloud deployment happened to only outside the purview in department of IT (Shadow IT), making it difficult to getting a single view of all cloud workloads running.
Traditional cloud solutions like Configuration Management DataBase (CMDB) were unable to keep up with the growing complexity as they designed for orchestrated deployment efforts lead by IT.
The discovery process of cloud can be slow and daunting, especially for enterprise companies that host hundreds of applications and resources across multiple countries with multiple datacenters. Arriving at an accurate baseline of your IT infrastructure is tedious and often requires you to connect disparate sets of information across various tools, sub-systems, and business teams.
Cloud Migrate discovery and assessment capabilities following key features:
- Comprehensive, at-scale discovery features of Windows and Linux servers, running on hypervisor platforms such as vSphere, VMware or public clouds, Microsoft Hyper-V and cloud such as AWS or GCP, or Azure or bare metal servers.
- Discovery of actual resource utilization and infrastructure configuration in terms of cores, IOPS, disks, memory, and more so that you can right-size and optimize your infrastructure based on that you actually need to met the desired applications performance.
- Assessments report that helps you that understand the various offers such as SKUs, and offerings and associated cost for running of your applications.
- Features that may help you in inventories of your applications and software components installed on your servers – this type of capability is crucial in understanding of your applications vendor estate and evaluating the compatibility, end-of-support.
- IMPLEMENTATION METHODOLOGY AND OPERATING MODEL
Multiple adopting strategies for enable your journey to the cloud. Based on your success criteria and your application portfolio evaluation, you might choose more than one of these cloud adoption strategies. In fact, most enterprises implement multiple cloud adoption strategies at the same time.
1. Retire or revisit
2. Replat form: Rearchitect with platform and infrastructure cloud services
3. Rebuild: Cloud native in Cloud Infrastructure
4. Retain: Hybrid with on-premises and cloud
5. Replace: Managed cloud services and SaaS offerings
6. Rehost: Move and improve
You need to finalize your strategy for each application in the portfolio based on your analysis and customer requirements.
ISmileTechnologies provide Cloud Discovery Services and Assessments help to analyze and architect a targeted cloud strategy that meets your unique business and technology objectives. We Use proprietary tools and analytics; that might help guide of your cloud migration