The Graphic Designer job description includes the entire process of defining requirements, visualizing and creating graphics including illustrations, logos, layouts and photos. Your graphics should capture the attention of those who see them and communicate the right message. For this, you need to have a creative flair and a strong ability to translate requirements into design. If you can communicate well and work methodically as part of a team, we’d like to meet you.
The goal is to inspire and attract the target audience. Furthermore, this is an unpaid internship and we are flexible with the hours: 20-40 hours/week depending on your background, skills, and availability.
You can also use this internship program to earn school credits or sponsorship if applicable.
- Study design briefs and determine requirements
- Schedule when content should be posted and define budget constraints
- Conceptualize visuals based on requirements
- Prepare rough drafts and present ideas
- Develop illustrations, logos and other designs using software or by hand
- Create graphic motion content.
- Use the appropriate colours and layouts for each graphic
- Work with copywriters and creative director to produce final design
- Test graphics across various media
- Amend designs after feedback
- Ensure final graphics and layouts are visually appealing and on-brand
- Excellent IT skills, especially with design and photo-editing software
- Exceptional creativity and innovation
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- An understanding of the latest trends and their role within a commercial environment
- Professional approach to time, costs and deadlines
- Proven graphic designing experience
- A strong portfolio of illustrations or other graphics
- Good knowledge of design software and technologies (such as InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Photoshop)
- Experienced using Hubspot and Hootsuite is an asset.
- A keen eye for aesthetics and details
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work methodically and meet deadlines
- Degree in Design, Fine Arts or related field is a plus
Note: This is an unpaid opportunity to work remotely. You will be issued a certificate of completion at the end of your internshiNote: This is an unpaid opportunity to work remotely. You will be issued a certificate of completion at the end of your internship. Also, we offer you the opportunity for free training on GCP, Microsoft Azure, AWS, IBM etc. p. Also, we offer you the opportunity for free training on GCP, Microsoft Azure, AWS, IBM etc.